To change the quantity of any item in your cart, update your cart here!
Red Beans and Rice
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 package Andouille Sausage
- 1 medium Sweet Onion, diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 Celery Ribs, diced
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1.5 tsp Fat Boy Cajun Rub
- 3 15 oz cans Red Beans, drained and rinced
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Parsley, chopped
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Working in batches, add sausage, and cook, stirring frequently, until sausage is lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes; set aside.
- Add onion, bell pepper and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, garlic and Cajun seasoning until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in red beans, chicken stock, hot sauce, bay leaf and sausage; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Uncover; continue to simmer until reduced, an additional 15 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon, mash beans until slightly thickened, if desired; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately, topped with rice and garnished with parsley, if desired.