To change the quantity of any item in your cart, update your cart here!
16 ounces ground beef
14 ounces tomato sauce (canned)
12 ounces broccoli florets (small)
6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
1 ounce grated Parmesan cheese (finely)
1 stalk celery (finely chopped)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Caliente Rub
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare an 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Cut any broccoli florets larger than 2 inches into smaller pieces, and add all broccoli to a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave until tender, about 5 minutes (or steam on stove).
- On a large pan over medium heat, cook the ground beef until browned, about 5 minutes, breaking it apart as it cooks.
- Add tomato sauce, celery, salt, garlic powder, and Caliente Rub to the pan with the beef, stirring together. Simmer for at least 10 minutes until it thickens to a sauce-like consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Directly in the baking dish: add broccoli, beef-tomato mixture, and half of the cheddar cheese. Carefully stir until well-mixed.
- Evenly top with remaining cheddar cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F until the casserole begins bubbling up the sides and starts to brown on top, about 20 minutes. Let it rest for about 10 minutes before cutting into it.