To change the quantity of any item in your cart, update your cart here!
4 Slices Thick-Cut Bacon, Cut Into 1/2-inch Pieces
4 Bone-In Skinless Chicken Thighs
Fat Boy Prime Angus Rub
8-10 oz Sliced Mushrooms
3 Medium Carrots, cut into 1 1/2-inch Pieces
1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
10 Sprigs Fresh Thyme (or 1 tsp Dried Thyme)
1 1/2 cups Dry Red Wine
1 Medium Onion, Chopped (1-inch Pieces)
1 Bay Leaf
1 Tbsp Butter, Softened
1 Tbsp Flour
Chopped Fresh Parsley (optional)
- Press Saute; cook bacon until crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Lightly coat each side of the chicken with olive oil. Season both sides with Fat Boy Prime Angus Rub (trust us … remember it is “Pot Roast” Chicken!) Saute chicken in bacon drippings, approximately 8 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and carrots to pot; cook for 6 minutes stirring occasionally and scraping bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add tomato paste, garlic, thyme, and half the onion. Cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add wine; cook about 10 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Return chicken to pot with the bacon and bay leaf.
- Secure lid and move pressure release valve to sealing position. Press Pressure Cook or Manual. Cook on high pressure for approximately 14 minutes.
- Mix butter and flour in a small bowl until well blended.
- When cooking is complete, press cancel and use the quick release. Remove chicken and vegetables to a platter with a slotted spoon. Remove and discard thyme sprigs and bay leaf.
- Press Saute; add remaining onions and butter mixture to pot. Cook and stir approximately 2-3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables. Garnish with parsley if desired.